ALPS Mountaineering Zephyr 2 Review: What Makes It Premium Quality
For serious adventure seeking souls who like to explore the outdoors continually, the ALPS Mountaineering Zephyr 2 is a perfect companion for you. This state of the art tent is made of polyester and is easy to set up. The tent has a free standing 2 pole design with a 7000 series aluminum pole that easily snaps for easy setup. It has a complete waterproof structure with factory sealed roof and fly seams to avoid any water seeping through, plus a 75d 185t taffeta floor with a double coating to keep water out.
ALPS Mountaineering Zephyr 2 Tent Review
The Zephyr 2 also boasts of its great ventilation, with mesh walls all over and floor vents to keep air circulation. The doors and windows are both screened in to ward off insects and bugs from spoiling your outdoor adventure while providing excellent ventilation. The tent also contains 2 vestibules on either side for gear storage. This tent comfortably fits one person with lots of space for storage and gears inside. This is truly a great adventurer’s partner in outdoor explorations.
The ALPS Zephyr 2 is very easy to set up with its user-friendly poles. The free-standing 2 pole design keeps the structure easy to assemble while providing a comfortable space. The poles contain 7000 series aluminum that is quickly snapped in sections to get the tent in shape easily.
To set up the tent, simply slide the aluminum poles through the polyester seams and create a cross point. Secure the ends at the corner pockets and stake the corners to secure in place. The tent is also very easy to take down and can be safely folded and encased in a drawstring cylindrical pack, making it very easy to carry around.
Entry and Size
ALPS Mountaineering Zephyr 2 has two doors on either side of the rain fly for easy access. The doors contain extra-large zippers and are screened in to keep bugs and insects off and to provide proper ventilation. The walls are entirely made of mesh, and the floor has vents too. There are vestibules on either side to provide gear storage.
- Dimensions: 7.2 x 7.4 x 19.5 inches
- Shipping weight: 4-5 pounds
- Compressed pack size: 18 inches long with 7-inch circumference.
The Zephyr 2 comfortably fits one person, including some space for extra gears and different types of equipment. Two can also fit, but gears may not fit inside.
- The Zephyr 2 has two doorways on either side of the rain fly to allow the right amount of air to pass through.
- The walls are entirely made of mesh to allow air circulation inside the tent
- Both doors are screened in to allow air inside while protecting against bugs and insects.
Product Features of ALPS Zephyr 2 Tent
- Polyester mesh
- Free standing.2 pole design
- Factory sealed roof and fly seams
- 75d 185t polyester UV resistant fly
- Two vestibules for gear. Storage and weather protection
- Weatherproof fly buckles with maximum adjust-ability
- Pole clips for easy assembly
- 75d 185t taffeta floor with 2000 mm coating.
What We Like Most
- Very lightweight and easy to carry around
- Very easy to set up and take down
- Comes with excellent storage options
- Provides excellent ventilation and protection from insects
- Ease of access with two entrances
- Completely waterproof materials plus sealed in seams to ensure water resistance.
- Weatherproof and stays taut
What We Don’t Like
- Can accommodate only one person.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The reviews of manual customers proved that the quality of the parts of the tent gives a very high level of protection from rain, wind, and insects. The lightweight structure makes it very convenient to carry around and can be a great shelter for people who are used to go outdoors for themselves. The durability of this tent is very likely to last for many years.
Have you any questions about this post? Feel free to ask me through the comment section or contact page. Thank You